Let us have a look at the best beef meat cuts that are widely used all across the world as below:
- Eye of round roast - This beef cut is low-calorie and has less fat content. Once barbequed and sautéed these eye round roast help you make healthy preparations for the entire family.
- Round steak – This is a beef steak from the round, rear leg of the cow. They can make your beef recipe quite nutritional and delicious if sautéed and grilled.
You can certainly add pleasant healthy herbs and spices for that dish. The healthiest materials that can be utilized to make a healthy ground beef recipe are onion, ginger, garlic, peas. Various legumes, lentils and many different dairy products like sour cream or milk can also be used.
Let me discuss here one:
Southwest Beef Pot Roast Recipe
Total Recipe Time: 3 to 3-3/4 hours Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 beef Bottom Round Roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 jar (16 ounces) prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, optional
- Take a stockpot and then heat oil in it over medium heat till it becomes hot. Put cumin evenly onto the beef roast surfaces. Place roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Dash roast with salt and pepper; add salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir in beans and corn, if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened.
- Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with bean mixture
Hope my readers will try this beef recipe and share their experiences with me.